The importance of social media is growing by the day, and there is no sign of slowing down. Any business will tell you that referral business is always the best kind of business, but loyal customers is what your ultimate goal should be. We will cover in depth the top reasons why every business social media incorporated in some way or another.
Social Media Ads growing?
Social media ads are still one of the cheapest, if not the cheapest way to advertise and reach such a large targeted audience. These numbers shown by Hootsuite will surprise most.
- 53% of businesses are actively using social media ads
- 7 million users paid for Facebook Ads
- 2 million users paid for ads on Instagram, which is owned by Facebook
- 32% growth in social media advertising across the globe from 2017 to 2018
- Instagram almost doubled its take in ads from 2017-2018 with $6.84 billion
- There is an expected 73% growth in ad spending for the next 5 years!
- 45% of the world has social media
You can make up all the excuses in the world for not using social media ads at this point, but you will either catch up or be left behind in the social business world. Businesses are now thriving more than ever on social media, and this is coming across every platform possible.
While the ad explosion has already hit, it doesn’t seem to be going away anytime soon with all the new social media platforms coming out. The most recent Tik Tok platform has recently exploded on the scene, and it is a matter of time before ads become relevant and apart of the platform itself.
why outsource social media management?
This is probably the easiest question to answer for a business owner if you are looking to become relevant on social media. The answer is TIME! Leaving your social media footprint is not as easy as most would think, and this is how so many businesses get ahead.
Time is the one thing we can’t get back, and making quality social media post to gain organic traffic either take a lot of time, or a lot of money. Most platforms suggest 1 post per day, 1 video every 4 days, and 1 live stream per week to just get started. All of those need to be high quality, and this is because of the amount of competition out there, so simply posting an average image of your mom on your business page talking about computers will no longer suffice.
The average social media manager will spend roughly between 6-15 hours per week on 1 client with roughly 3-5 platforms. This alone will tell you why most businesses will outsource the social media aspect of their business.
The typical business will typically try to get an already paid employee to run the social media, but soon find out how much time it takes, and will eventually take away from their primary job.
what social media is important to my business?
This a really commonly asked question whether you are talking to clients or just browsing through google. Each social media platform has its relevancy to each business. Each social media platform has optimized uses for each type of business.
Facebook is the one platform that has been able to adapt to almost every business model. It is able to be social by text, video, gifs, messages, and so many other ways. No one platform has this advantage, and why it is recommended every business has a Facebook business page.
- It has 2.32 billion monthly active users as of December 2018, which is an increase of 9% from 2017.
- Facebook is currently the top-ranked platform for all social media users
- 150 million users use Facebook Stories daily
- 95% of businesses use Facebook worldwide
These stats alone should be convincing enough to use facebook, but so many ask about conversions using messenger. Over 10 billion messages are sent on facebook per month. If a business wants to sell its services or products, they will respond.
As far as network, Facebook is 2nd, only behind Google. Facebook will be the headliner for a long time, and when they bought Instagram, they just extended their relevancy by at least 7 to 10 years at least. Facebook has been very dominant on spotting where the eyeballs are going when it comes to social media, and not afraid to pay heavy amounts to purchase them.
Instagram had an explosion in 2018 for business use and never turned back. The most obvious markets hit were the Real Estate and Food markets. You started seeing all types of hashtags popping up for bother markets including #foodporn, #foodie, #househunting, #FHB, FSBO and more.
Instagram will not work on every business model. The key businesses that need Instagram will be any that could provide quality photo’s that are useful for the customer to make the conversion. A few examples would be restaurants, real estate, car dealerships, beauty salons, car detail shops, photographers, and many more. Below are some stats on why Instagram meets the importance of social media in business:
- Over 1 Billion active users
- Close to 60% of all Instagram users come back daily
- 500 million people use Instagram stories daily
- Around 50% of the users are between 18 and 34
- 39% of Instagram users are women, 30% male
- 60% of all Instagram users have claimed they have found a new product on it
- Instagram has over 25 million business profiles
Twitter will always be known for one thing, and that is the hashtag. Twitter’s entire existence rests on the hashtag, and it has thrived on it ever since. Twitters throughout the past 2 to 3 years has come down to a certain market use. Twitter is used primarily now to do announcements, news releases, and anything that would involve “breaking”.
- Twitter has 321 million active monthly users, a decline of 3% since 2017
- 40% of Americans use twitter between the ages of 18 to 29, and it is a very steep decline after that
- 500 million tweets per day are sent out
- Most twitter users aren’t tweeting, they are simply looking
- Tweets with video get 10X the engagement, which has really defined its market
- 84% of all businesses use twitter, but expected declines are coming
- 125 million hashtags were shared every day in 2018
Unless you are really trying to hit social media from every direction, there is a good chance Twitter may not be worth the time and effort. Recommended businesses would be any news, blog-focused, or group-based business. There are more, but do your research before you commit.
The Facebook of Business as most refer to it as. This platform has quickly grown to become necessary in a lot of business worlds. The reality of the situation is this, if you are not B2B, you could be very well wasting time and money.
Most businesses think if they don’t have a business then they are being left out, but this is not the case, and it’s not close. This platform is used for 3 things heavily
- Business to Business
Those are the core features of LinkedIn. I would expect it to adapt and try to overcome some obstacles like the maximum 10-minute videos and unknown advantage of the hashtag that differs from any other platform. I am not in any way bashing LinkedIn, I just think a lot of businesses dump a lot of money in the wrong spots, and this could be one. Below are some stats on LinkedIn
- Has 610 million users
- Over half of LinkedIn traffic comes from mobile users
- Over 9 billion impressions per week on LinkedIn
- 62% of users use LinkedIn, 86% are B2B
- 90% of LinkedIn users say they are open to job opportunities
- It is a lead driven platform with a 63% use
If you are B2B, want to network or want to hire staff, then this is a no brainer, and would highly recommend putting in the effort for networking at least and adjust your use from there. Business to Business is a no brainer and would start ASAP. The big question lingering is, what is the replacement for LinkedIn because there seems to be no one in sight.
If you are interested in more statistics, below are the resources used:
- Hootsuite – 130 + social media statistics that matter to marketers in 2019
- Instagram – Our Story
- Facebook reports 4th quarter and full-year 2018 results
Trend 3 Media works day and night to be different in the extraordinary social universe, give us a chance to show the world what you have to offer!